Thread: Art Discussion
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2002, 12:50 PM   #28
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I am into living art. Things like tattos and flesh sculpting. My favorite tattoo artists are Paul Booth,Anil Gupta and Chris Chisholm. All 3 do completely amazeing stuff. It will blow you away to see how they use color, shadeing and the shape of the person they are working on to make the tattoos realy stand out.

For living sculpture , no one is better than Steve Hawthorne of Arizona and Lucas Spira of France. They use teflon and silicon implants to create shapes and desighns under the skin. They also burn desighns into the skin via branding. Some of it is realy great, like a carp I saw on a guy that was branded into his leg. It looked almost like he was born with it. Then there is the transtermal work. THings that come up out of the skin from underneath it. THat stuff can get pretty intense. Things like spikes,dice,computer chips, lights, candles,mirrors and all sorts of other things can be attached to the body. It is realy cutting edge stuff. For more info on it , check out www.bmezine.com or www.modcon.org