View Single Post
Old 07-11-2002, 07:33 PM   #92
Chewbacca
Zartan

Have to disagree with the notion that pot has no benificial health or social effects. Lets look to the old civilizations of Africa for some wisdom. In some tribes, Ganja was used to settle disputes and to create a reasonable calm during heated discussions, This use is similiar to the modern Rasta viewpoint.

Another, far more radical application of ganja by certain African tribals was in the process of crime and punishment. Most taboo and criminal offenses were punished by having the perp. enter a small sealed tent and ganja was burned inside for as long as they were confined. The severity of the crime determined how long they stayyed in, but it could last for 48 hours or more if the crime as serious enough. The ratio of rehabilitaion by this method is a whopping 80% according to my source. Those are the kind of results that our penal system drools over.
My source for this info is in the book " The Emporer Wears No Cloths" by Jack Herer, I mentioned in a previous post. The tribes that used this method didnt use ganja recreationally at all, as that was taboo.

As far as health effects, I am more healthy and free of destructive patterns of behavior than ever in my life. The use of Ganja while relaxing, praying, and creating is a bonafide blessing in my life. My chronic migraine headaches have all but dissappeared and I am more relaxed at work, where I do not use the herb at all.

As I stated before Ive known personally hundreds of successful, happy, well adjusted citizens who are pot smokers. Ranging from doctors, housewives, navy seals, and clergy, and more, we all share an affinity with a plant that affirms life.

I wont say Ganja is for everbody because every individual is unique, but I do state that Adults in a land that is free deserve the right to choose. Its about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, or the having of happiness that comes from the pursuit. That is all.

I respect everyones right to choose to live how they see fit.