View Single Post
Old 09-18-2001, 03:18 PM   #98
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
This sentiment strikes me as being similar to a healthy, wealthy person complaining that even though he occasionally lends a hand to a poor wheelchair bound cripple, that the latter never returns the favor.
I wasn't born this way. I was a poor kid in rural PA eating macaroni and cheese for most meals and whatever I could kill when hunting for meat. I left home with $20 and 3 changes of clothing. SO don't give me that crap that I don't know what is like to be poor. (Im not RICH now either, just comfortable)

And yes if I helpped a Wheel Chair bound person traverse a dificult stretch I would expect a "thank you" rather than a slap in the face for my effort.

And while we are at this, lets remember we are talking about Governments here and NOT the poor sectors of their populace. No I dont expect Somalia to send food, yes I DO expect somalia to send sympathy and expression of regrets which I am sure they can afford. Good manners and civility.

Diogenese you are capable of writing quite moving text, I am curious why you just seem to snipe at my posts, rather than actually say something with meaning?

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.