View Single Post
Old 09-29-2000, 07:03 PM   #5
Ziroc

>I have W&W on order so I can't do much about it now, but anyway... so far this is what I've heard from players the >most:
>-Interface is bad, looks clunky, has poorly designed keyboard shortcuts, and is unintuitive. One guy from CGO (who &gtreviewed the pre-release build) said he wouldn't even review the final product because the interface at 800x600+ was >unbearable. He thought the final release would be different - but it wasn't.

Well that reviewer is nuts, or is one of those types that judges the game by a res or graphics.. We also got a press copy, (A few actually), and it was totally amazing! Yeah, its not full screen, but if you've played those older games that have stats onscreen, its nothing at all. And btw, I had a TNT1 in one machine, and pumped the graphics all the way up to 1024x768 with no lag, or anything. Really amazing stuff.

>-"one character with 6 heads" syndrome. Ie: combat tactics aren't very good because of the first person viewpoint.
>-Goofy quests/Fed-ex quests/ and/or nonsensical quests (ex: flip the switch in room 4 run to room 3 and use item x on >object 5 then flip switch in room 10)

I'm beginning to think this reviewer didn't even play the game for more than 5 minutes, the game is HUGE, and the puzzles are extremely detailed. for instance:

You find an Amulet in a room near this statue, the Amulet has an engraving, you then go to the statue and actually type in the words the Amulet has engraved and the statue speaks, saying you are free to enter the temple, and opens the gate for you. We've explored the game in detail, and its not some wanna-be RPG at all...

>-Repetitive looking outdoor scenery

VERY far from the truth, again CGO obviously didn't play the game much, sad too, to say things about such a great
game that are so false.

>-NPCs that gesticulate way too much (small gripe)
>-Problems setting the turn-based/real-time combat properly.
>-Some major bug on Athlon systems or systems with 64 meg Geforce cards.

I'm using a Geforce Card, and works fine here.. same on TNT1's Hmm..

>Any comments from people with the game on those points?

(Me! Me!)

Now let me say that this IS a RPG for really hard-core gamers, the quests are tough at times, has 300+ hours of gameplay and you can level up forever pretty much.. (No cap)

It feels so much like a Pen and Paper RPG when the voice overs come on in places... cool stuff..

PS: I'm not making a dime from the game, so just to let you know. These are our feelings here, and have been enjoying the game a lot! We didn't give the game a rating of 9.4 for nothing

Dan aka "Ziroc"
Ironworks