View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 08:39 PM   #32
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I think if a person is sick with a terminal illness, then whatever drug there is that is out there, that makes them feel better, or helps them lessen their nausea or feel hungry so they eat when normally they would not, then I say let them have it. They are terminal anyway, and it is not a cure, but if it makes things more calm and liveable before they die, then yes, let them have it. When people are terminal, doctors dole out tons of drugs, like morphine, etc. So if they are going to do that, marijuana is nothing, is a mild drug in comparison. The smoking part though may be harmful for some, dunno if they have a pill form?

Also, marijuana has a calming effect, so may be beneficial with people that are extremely ill (not necessarily dying), simply because it may change their mental state. I personally think the mind can cause healing or damage, given certain circumstances. And if you've been diagnosed with some horrible/possibly fatal illness, it can be for some a very worrying, paranoid time mentally, and sometimes the worry can effect the body overall. Every emotion we have causes a chemical reaction in the body. Feeling afraid will only make things worse with someone who is ill. So what I'm saying is, that for some people it could actually help them get through not only the mental part of it, but also the physical part of it (the nausea that some get). Of course it isn't for everyone, as everyone's own body reacts differently to drugs, and that's any drugs, so it is one of those things that a doctor would have to decide.

[ 09-23-2004, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps