View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 08:22 AM   #131
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Edit: I get the feeling some of these pics are really slowing down the album pages... I don't mind the size of them (for example the spectacular view is over 600 kB) because they are so beautiful downsizing would be a shame. But maybe you could put the big ones in the Holidays and Sights... [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Still insanely jealous BTW... that definitely looks like a holiday I would want to do when I get better!!
It shouldn't slow down the album in theory.... the album code shouldn't access the photos until you actually try to view them. Maybe that single page is slowed down where the big photo is, is that what you mean? It's also saved in quite a high resolution and at quite a low compression, I could probably compress it a bit more and not lose too much detail.
I have to add...before you do do this holiday...it is bloody tiring. The first few days I wished I wasn't there. Trudging up to a height difference of 1500m in the first day in 30 C heat with a 20kg backpack is not fun. But you get stronger and in the end it is definitely worth it. Also, the weather wasn't always that good, some days it rained and poured and the fog was so bad we couldn't see more than 10...I'll have to post some foggy shots

ah here we go...to anyone interested, to save me wearing my keyboard out:
http://www.southwest100.freeserve.co....mainpage.html

If you read the guy's log of his journey, that's almost exactly what we did.

[ 11-21-2002, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray