View Single Post
Old 05-08-2002, 03:56 PM   #128
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Hmmm, the t-shirts are a good idea if you ask me, except (blame my pessimism) won't the cost of manufacture, unless bought specially made in a large bulk order make any profit from selling minimal?????
Not necessarily, Talthyr.

I had some T-shirts and sweatshirts made last year with the picture of the crying eagle super-imposed over the WTC. I took orders here at work and then told the company how many of each size I needed. My biggest order was only for about 30 shirts at one time.

The cost of the shirts and pressed-on logo were only about $8 each, regardless of quantity. Same for sweatshirts (about $12).

Unfortunately, as Lord Shield mentioned, these logos will eventually fade or wash out.

To make the logo's permanent, you have to do silk-screening. It's much more expensive, therefore, you have to sell more shirts to cover your cost (or raise the price or both).

With the potential market here, I think Ziroc could probably have the logo's silk-screened and still only charge $15-$20 per shirt. The problem is, HE will have to pay the set-up cost (around $200 or so) UP-FRONT, and then try to recover his money.

That's why people who make T-shirts like that try to sell large quantities of them.

MOST places do not give a price break for quantity orders. There is a set-up fee and then the charge for the shirt. The more shirts you sell, the less "cost per shirt" you incur.