View Single Post
Old 05-25-2001, 05:31 AM   #18
Legolas the Elven Archer

I don't think there is a right way to play BG2. I finished the game, and so did my brother and sister. We all played in completely different ways, though. My advice would be to develop your own style of play, although this is easier said than done. I played using an elven archer too (named Legolas) and I didn't find the game that hard (slider in the middle). In fact, my archer did most of the work while the rest of my party stood fifty feet back.
You mentioned having problems with all the spells that affect the mind of your characters, so I would suggest doing a lot of sidequests (I did practically each one I could find) to gain EXP, gold and magic items. The EXP helps in owering your saves, while the gold buys you magic items which work to counter such spells.
One of the main aspects of my style of play was I ALWAYS took out the magi first. This is because they usually do the real damage while the fighters keep you occupied.
Second, remember that you don't need to charge the enemy head on. Lure them into traps or snipe at them with your archers. When they eventually get close enough to strike back, they'll be so weakened you can mop them up. (BTW, this will only work if you've plenty of room to move)
Nonetheless, what works for me doesn't have to work for others, so keep trying different tactics until you find one you're happy with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two rules to succes:
First of all, don't tell everything you know.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings