View Single Post
Old 11-16-2004, 06:19 PM   #15
spydar

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
You may want to look into a useful new activity, Spydar - it's called constructive procrastination, or "constructination" for those most intimate with it . This involves not actually doing the work, but doing "work-like activities" that resemble work but aren't, or are trivial parts of the work. This way, you're not working, but you feel more virtuous because you are "working" [/QB]
Ah, I have been practicing the artform known as "constructination" for all these years and I didn't even know it! that'd explain why I spend so much more time looking things up in the library that I'm never going to actually use than I do in the actual writing of the paper. ah well, any good post-secondary student is intimately familiar with these situations.

well...ya, the problem just got bigger, I have a midterm in T-minus 2 hours, 47 minutes, this 20 page paper that I haven't really done anything for due tomorrow (but do I ever have one hell of a source list, I tell ya), and now I've just found out my lab report for human osteology is due friday, bumped up from sunday. gee. thanx professor katz.

but is it just me, or does everyone else seem to know what's going on around here while I missed that memo? this is my 4th year here and I still haven't a clue what it is I'm supposed to be doing.