Thread: Bono
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 10:43 AM   #14
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by lost prophet:
The music he is complaining about is all the rap, hip hop, R&B ie. all the rubbish that people listen to our days that is made up of computer generated sounds and not instriments, emimnen or usher couldnt pick up a guitar and play you a good song but Bono could even if he hasnt got a good voice.
I used to think about rap and hip hop the same way, but everyone has their own level of skill when it comes to music. Granted, I still think rap music is a bank robbery with lyrics, but you gotta understand, even if they can't pick up a guitar doesn't mean anything. Half the guitarists that play can't sing and vice versa, it takes skill to rap like it does to play an instrument.

Bono is arrogant, no doubts there, I've heard himself boast about how great his music is since I watch Vh1 from time to time. What he says about himself is not going to help his CD sales any, and rap may not be to my tastes, but U2 is not the salvation of rock music. I'd put my money on Velvet Revolver before I would them.