View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Down Re: Haven't been here in a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_john View Post
Well, for example, if I had come here and saw a thriving Witcher thread, I would have mentioned it it my visits to GOG.com as well as the official forums. In fact, everyone and their dog is covering Dragon Age and Starcraft 2, covering something like the Witcher or the Gothic series would actually have made the site stand out. Just like it did for me as the only site that was really covering W&W back in the day!
I agree with you about DA, it is very linear and adopted the WoW trend and failed because it was implemented into a single-player game rather than an MMO.

I don't think It's blasphemy to have a forum about it though. So sue us, we hoped DA would be "the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate". Actually, they told us it would be. For me it was not, unfortunately. But chill, as interest in the DA forum wanes, it will be removed, like other game forums.

While you are ranting about the CRPG's that should NOT be on here, I would love to hear about the ones that SHOULD be. Because for the life of me, I can't find any. PC gaming is dying and certainly owes much of It's current life to Blizzard (makers of Starcraft) as their games create the need to own a gaming PC. The other company holding up the coffin are EA with their Sims franchise (who, concidentally, bought Bioware so are responsible for DA too). Other than this, there is nothing exclusive to the PC that I can't now get on a console.