View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 06:45 PM   #107
dominions
Elminster

I am also a PW-style mod builder/scripter and I have to admit to being rather discouraged by the whole area/mod size issue and the lack of DM Client. Our server might just stick to NWN1 where we were planning to go to NWN2 as soon as possible.

NWN2 *should* be as good, if not better than NWN1. All the hype and hope that has been bandied about concerning NWN2 over the last few years has lead us to believe that it would be just that. Unfortunately NWN2's developement has been given to a group of people who don't seem to believe in the multiplayer aspect of the game. I'm not talking about not having time and resources (which it has to be agreed are not limitless and may curtail some things that the developers may want to do), but actually having the right mindset. All I see is SP SP SP SP. Neverwinter was and is much much more than a SP game.

Micah: you have to remember that we have been awaiting NWN2 for a long while with the hopes (and expectation) that the PW and mult-server PW issues were going to be addressed. What seems to be happening is that not only will these issues not be addressed, but we are having PW taken away almost completely (it seems). This is a horrible blow to the PW community and bound to get us worked up.

Mike
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote