View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 01:28 PM   #9
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Intrepid!
You have the honour of receiving the gift of:
A rift in the time-space continuum!
The rift itself, or at least a part of it, is placed inside a matchbox that is folded on itself in such freakish way that you can manipulate the past so that the box was made bigger or smaller. This way the box fits in a pocket, but allows large objects to be put through it.

Beyond the rift there doth lie a beautiful middle-aged yellow star, which I have named Sanzibar after my cat. Three planets, Elmo, Rory, and Goosnarch circle the star.

Elmo, the closest planet is a massive gas giant. The delivery people apparently messed something up, for it has about 300 more moons than the original model. And some of the moons have moons. I tried complaining, but apparently the whole company sank into ocean or moved to India, the guy I talked to couldn't quite remember.

Rory, The second planet is the habitable one, and the other end of the space-time rift is placed there. About 80% of the surface is covered by water, and tiny islands form most of the land mass. It has a habitable and actually quite pleasant atmosphere, but no vegetation or fauna yet. It has two moons

The third planet, Goosnarch, is a tiny planet of little note. it was originally supposed to be a third moon of Rory, but it kept unstabilizing the other two so it was placed here.

Oh, and as Rory has nothing living on it yet, you'll have to do some collecting. That's why you also get some plane tickets.