Thread: Amazing Kit!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2001, 12:33 PM   #1
Kaleban
Manshoon

Ok, I am used to playing with the "purer" classes, like Fighters, Mages, and Clerics. BG2 opened up a can of worms with kits which I'm starting to explore.

Anyways, I've been playing around with Bards lately, and the Blade kit just absolutely rocks! I have him set with 3 stars in Two-Weapon Style, 1 star each in Katana and Scimitar, with Celestial Fury in the off-hand and Dakkon's Zerth Blade in the main hand at the moment. I belive he's level 14 at the moment, which means 4 14d6 Skull traps...hehe.

Anyways, with a 19 Dex, his Pick Pockets is around 130-140, and he has no trouble lifting loot.

His Spins are very useful, Offensive Spin TOTALLY rocks the house, especially with Celestial Fury whacking everybody.

Obviously, the Bard will not be as powerful as a Hasted fighter of the same level, or a Sorcerer blasting away, or even a Thief, but that's not the point. The Bard is the penultimate sidekick and backup character, able to fill in wherever he's needed, especially as a fighter-type once the Melodic Chain is acquired. He may have trouble soloing, since he has limited spell selection later on, but with the right items and spells, I think he should be able to.

Come on, sing the praise of the Blade!