View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Ever do this? I mean, not intentionally. I know when we were kids, we snooped through the house and hoped to find mom's hiding place for our toys, or maybe we became experts in unwrapping and rewrapping gifts that were under the tree when the parents were gone or asleep. There's this cute commercial on TV where these kids are snooping and find a gift and open it only to see a letter from mom saying "nope, not here...keep trying!"

But I am talking about accidently finding them when you were not looking for them. For kids, this might be all the evidence they need to know that Santa does not exist. You were looking for something one day and there is was! and you could not figure out how your #1 wish on Santa's list ended up in dad's sock drawer. Then it hits you. Dad is Santa! Or...maybe not...

Anyway, the point of my topic, and you can see it has many subtopics involved in it, so if you prefer to talk about any of them feel free. However, the point of my post was that I accidently came across a gift my wife had for me. She knows I am into hand-crafted arts, and she has a friend at work whose husband makes and sells custom-made wine bottle stoppers. The one she bought me is really nice, and had the price tag on it of $20.00. Its one piece, but the center has a free-floating ring that cannot come off. He carved the wood out from the ring and now it is its own second piece. Really neat crafting. I found it in her jacket pocket because she forgot it was there and put her jacket in the washing room to be washed. I searched the pockets first because I know she leaves stuff in there all the time. Darn glad I did, but now I ruined my surprise because I had to show her what she had left in the pocket now that her jacket is being laundered.

So...before I get into other stories of finding my gifts pre-X-mas, I'll let you guys chat it out a while and see how good this topic does.

[ 12-16-2006, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]