View Single Post
Old 12-19-2004, 12:12 PM   #40
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hehe Q'alooaith...I would like to see you try and tear me limb from limb (if ya think you're 'ard enough ) [img]tongue.gif[/img] or better yet, cuss me down based on what I'm wearing, sounds like something people tried to do at school at age 14.

And yes, GCSE IT is a joke subject, learning how to use MS Word etc. I don't know about computer engineering where you come from, but where I did it, it involved such courses as java and C++ programming, IP networking, wireless networking (GSM, GPRS, 802.11, Bluetooth etc.), signal processing (finite, infinite impulse response filters etc.) digital cicuit design (in VHDL), circuit testing and analysis, computer processor architecture design, computer graphics (OpenGL programming with C), image processing, design automation (how circuit design software works), digital transmission theory, modulation, source and channel coding techniques, error detection/correction, discrete maths, engineering maths...just to name some. These are all courses you have to take and get a good average grade in, so I still don't understand how it's just a piece of paper, but never mind. Just thought I'd let you know what the degree involves.

So a degree is not a piece of paper: a degree is years of learning: the piece of paper just proves you've done it. It doesn't just mean having been exposed to the material, it means you've shown the ability to understand it, even if you don't remember everything, and you've shown you can study and self-motivate. If you fail to see this, then you either do not have an adequate grasp of the english language, or you are yet too young to understand. Although, you may be talking about degree certificates purchased over the web: yep, those are useless and don't make you smarter, hey we found an instance in which you're right! But of course, we should only talk about legitimately-earned pieces of paper, earned at an accredited organisation.

I don't mean this to sound like I'm buffing myself up, this goes for degrees in general.

If you can't back views up by qualifications then there's no point having qualifications. How can anyone give credit to your opinion in say, a technical area, if you've never studied it? When developing a new technology, they don't go and ask a random person on the street to consult on the project, they ask an expert who is qualified in the area. This is so bleeding obvious, I don't even know why I'm bothering to type it.

And finally, I don't care if I get you angry, and I don't care if you think I'm nothing. Your opinion in this matter is worthless to me.

Just for the record: I respect anyone who does a hard-day's work, whatever it is; the respect doesn't depend on their qualifications. A hard-working manual labourer deserves a lot more respect than a lazy-assed top technical director (although it'd be hard to get into that position being lazy-assed )
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray