View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 01:59 PM   #33
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Q'alooaith:
Reading first post, feeling fine
Second post, awww no real comments but still cheerfull there's many more posts, somone must have picked up the ball on this..
Third post... what a grouch, hmph...
Fith post, hope your joking..
Ellventh post, grow up and stop flambaiting..
Fithteenth post..

Well I could go on, Vaskez, you do know that pissing on somone elses fire will likley upset anyone huddled around it for warmth. You might have a whatever in computer engneering, it don't make you any smarter than anyone else, and it don't make you better at computing either.. It's only a piece of paper saying that your compleated a course at Uni. or maybe college...

Who are you, anyway?? Never seen any of your posts, it's always good to be put in my place by strangers (even in internet terms ) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Firstly, upsetting people for humour (if they can't take it) is my specialty However, there ARE areas I respect and don't touch, such as religion, serious illness etc. there are boundaries for pisstaking. As for the santa thing, I was just stating that I don't really like the recent trend of turning everything into something dodgy. It seems everyone's humour nowadays only consists of sexual or similar jokes.

And well I HATE to be a smartass (yeah right) but a 1st class four year masters degree in Computer Engineering from the top university (for that department, in the 2003 government inspections) in the UK DOES make you smarter than most people (on a national scale, while of course there are many people smarter within the research community) in general. Calling it just a piece of paper is like calling marriage just a piece of paper (i.e. dumb). The small detail you missed was that you had to complete all exams and coursework over 4 years at a high average grade to GET that piece of paper. Other than that you're right, it IS a small piece of paper. Now don't get me wrong, this isn't about me trying to make me sound good; everyone who achieves something deserves the credit due, and you're making out like people all over the world earning degrees are actually doing crap all. I was just using that line like a joke, cos I couldn't think of any other reason for not actually bothering to mess around with MS paint on one of Stormy's pics. But you had to set me off... I HATE it when people dismiss years of work as nothing...

Oh and Gangrell, cheers for lightening up the mood, you cheeky bastard, where've you been?

[ 12-18-2004, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray