Thread: Rant mode on...
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 08:55 AM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
quote:
breaking the kids' toys is taking it out on them, which is inappropriate.
Why did you take what I said to mean that? I said that a toy is broken when the kid is bad, and I should have finished my thought to sa that "when the situation calls for it. [/QUOTE]My mistake in perception. If it's something the kids are doing with their toys, they suffer the consequences. But for me to get rid of their toys because of my issue with my mother... well, that's not their fault, and they shouldn't have to pay. I was on a slightly different page than you.

Quote:
BTW...for what it is worth to you, Karen said that her sister sends the toys that are bought for her stepdaughter by the girl's real mom back to the home of the real mom. If she buys it, she has to make room at her house to keep it. So Karen's sister does not have any toys at her house that she did not buy herself...and if the real mom wants to keep her place tidy...she will not buy junk because she knows that she gets everything back!
There already is a pile of junk there... and frankly, she wouldn't notice the difference. But an interesting idea... I may find a way to make use of it.

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-27-2003, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.