View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 12:26 PM   #27
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
I've never gotten any screens like that. When it worked, I got the HP screen, then blank for a bit, then the Windows XP screen, that just has the little green bar sliding across (loading), and then the blue Welcome screen, and then I was in. I just get to the HP screen.
Yes, that's a motherboard setting. You just need to reset the BIOS using the method explained above. Shamrock's right, what he said just might work, but I'm not really sure. Try any of the Fs and the DEL key. Not much damage you can do that way that a restart won't fix.
@ Felix The Assassin - The motherboards are set to discharge all capacitors when a certain time passes without a battery, and that time is almost never longer than 3 minutes, so turning it completely off for 12 hours yields no added results. You don't need to unplug anything but the battery. I would have said you could jump-set the MBO to purge ROMs, but I wouldn't want you switching around the wrong jumper. Anyway, once you get the BIOS reset, you'll be able to enter it normally, and set whatever you like. If we're both online at the time, you can find me on MSN and I'll walk you through the process.

[ 10-17-2004, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]