Quote:
Originally posted by philip:
quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
ok so what do the different types of metal mean?:
industrial - i would describe as distorted sound
death - screaming with like an err.. horse scream
nu - new age metal
there are others i can't think of them, but what are power, gothic, melodic and fantasy metal?
Here I go on some dangerous grounds trying to explain them. Most of it will be based on the sound some on the lyrics but it doesn't say all.

death - low guitars and grunts often backed by double bass drums , sounds slow and heavy

black - fast music with the high pitched screams of male singers. often about satan, or at least anti religion. For the screams try something like Cradle of Filth, most of it sounds like that. (this is based on my own experiences and some I heard from others, but as black is the only metal I won't listen might be a biyt off)

doom - sounds like death metal only with female vocals. Coupled with male grunts it becomes death-doom

fantasy metal - can be any type of metal but is generally based on faery tale like lyrics. Most bands can be qualified as another genre

power metal - quick music and IMO 'happy' sounding.

-DISCLAIMER- General ideas. Don't put everything in a box, most bands can't be even put in a box and it's a waste of time seeing there are a lot of subgenres and a lot of them cross others in some type.

I would rather post band's names to get an idea than genres, though it'll be hard for anyone who doesn't listen to this music.
[/QUOTE]So we can summarise: all metal is crap [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray