View Single Post
Old 09-14-2002, 05:57 AM   #29
skywalker
Banned User

I disagree John. Our leaders are elected to serve us. They need to do what we, the people who live in each state, want or they should be replaced. Frankly, I'm pretty happy with the record of Leahy, Jeffords, and Sanders of Vermont and I will vote to have them as my Senators and Congressman again.

The President may be there to lead, but he must also do what the people want, Republican, Democrat, or Independant. He started at close to 90% approval and a year later he is at 60% (of those polled, of course...nobody asked me ).

That's why this is a Democratic Government.

The path he chose smacks of manipulation and a go it alone mentality that is a trademark of Bush's style. He seems to say "This is what needs to be done. Now I want all you people to work with me to reach this goal, but don't expect me to work with you. If you can't compromise to what I want, don't expect me to meet you halfway." He does this with Congress and with the rest of the world at large. I can't decide if he wants Free Trade or Protectionism.

I don't want a Cowboy...I want a President, I want a President who talks smarter than me. I don't want to have a child who won't play nice with the other kids in the sandbox, I don't want a spoiled brat or a bully.

Mark