View Single Post
Old 09-13-2002, 08:53 AM   #24
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
Maybe if the U.S. and Israel kept their noses out of Iraq it would be easier to get allong with Saddam.
Err...ummm...maybe I'm crazy, but I dont recall Israel "sticking it's nose into Iraq"...ever! All Israel is doing is trying to survive. It is a nation under the gun of every Arab fanatic with a grudge and a pipe bomb. As for the US...we didn't "stick our nose into Iraq" until he invaded Kuwait! And then we were ASKED TO HELP! By whom?? KUWAIT!!! Get your history straight dude.

Quote:

I think he is right to stop allowing U.N. inspectors into his countrie. Whos buisness is it to tell him what his government can and cannot do?
He signed an agreement with the UN to the that effect. Thus, that *makes* it the UN's business. And he has categorically ignored his responsibility to live up to said agreement.

Quote:

As long as he doesnt go around attacking other countries what does it matter what he does? Maybe if other world leaders tried talking to him like an equal instead of dictateing to him like he was inferior they would get a better response.
Erm...read a history book! Hussien INVADED KUWAIT! He ATTACKED ANOTHER SOVREIGN COUNTRY! The world responded, at the request of Kuwait, and defeated Hussien. He signed the aforemention agreement and BROKE HIS WORD! We have tried diplomacy, several times, and all he has done is thumb his nose at the world. How many more times must the world try to appease this despot before finally removing him? Must we wait until he nukes Tel Aviv? Or he and his buddy Bin Laden smuggle a couple of nukes and an Anthrax bomb into New York, Chicago, Paris, London, or Tokyo. How many times must you say 'Bad Boy, now play nice' before you send in the Marines to oust him? It seems to me that people with opinions like yours are the reason people like Hussien are still in power. IMNSHO anyway.

[ 09-13-2002, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Nachtrafe ]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"