Thread: Aussies out
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2001, 07:33 AM   #24
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Donut, I have to admit, Clive "Try? What's A Try?" Woodward certainly has a grand plan up his sleeve! And that grand plan is to secretly take over Sir Alex Ferguson's job, seeing how the Red Devils are reeling a bit at the moment. I think that Man U will sign Clive "A Ball Spinning Between The Uprights Is Better Than A Ball Planted Between The Sticks Any Day" Woodward, and he will bring along Jonny "I Always Wanted To Play Alongside Ruud" Wilkinson with him. On Wilkinson's current form I give England the No.1 spot in the Soccer/Rugby hybrid class.

I hate to admit it, but after watching the Wallabies wobble to a win against woeful Wales last night, I think that Eddie Jones and Matt Burke may have stolen a page from Clive "My Team Does Score Tries Albeit Intercept Ones" Woodward's book titled "How To Win - By Englanding". What's an Englanding, might you ask? Well, Burke kicked a record seven Englandings - I mean goals. The words are synonymous, really. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Memnoch, I have a special scraper here for the bottom of that barrel you appear to be cleaning!

It doesn't bode well for the future of world rugby when the previously 'superior' southern hemisphere send teams to play England whose only intention is to deliberately kill the ball or to include players who are there to stifle open rugby.

The Wallabies and the Springboks have been a great disappointment to me over the past few weeks.

BTW - is it possible for a wallaby to go home with it's tail between it's legs?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show