View Single Post
Old 10-23-2000, 07:19 PM   #8
Casper

Although the game is much more difficulty to play without cheating it is possible. after beating the game the first time with using the gold cheat and a few other minor ones I decided to try it without cheats. I died tons more times and had to decrease the difficulty setting to beat a bosses, but I was able to beat the game. So take one of two methods play the game like it was supposed to be played and struggle(some) or cheat the choice is yours.
Here are some hints if you are not going to cheat.
1.place all the items of one type(swords axes scrolls potions etc) one one character before identifing, and you will identifing it all.
2.Dont bother identifing object when you know what they are(granted alot easier after you have beat the game)
3.dont waste money on buying equipment in shops, you will eventually find better stuff as loot on monsters.
4.after meeting the min requirements for the desired class you want, focus on int iyt will help you learn quiker
5.have you character focus one one type of magic/skill at a time. For example have your wizard focus on stone spells and your samurai on sun that way you will have both sets of high level spells available to you quiker(make sure you learn lavawalk its a life saver)
6.sell all your scrolls and potions. between your priest paladin or monk you should have plenty of heal spells available even if you have to run away a few times.
7. have one character specialize in pole and staffs as thier weapon. there are some really nice ones later including lance of the lady(valkyrie only) which is the most powerful I have found to date
8. I wouldnt waste points or money in skills like artifacts blacksmith etc to get them to a useful level ( 7- 8 ) you either need to cheat or specialize in them