View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 05:22 AM   #1
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Id read about this awesome PFS but didnt have any idea how good it would really be. This is by far the best military sim/FPS I've ever seen. The download is FREE but its HUGE. I recently got cable and snagged it. Well worth the wait (all of about 15 minutes .)

I think the download size is 202 meg. Broadband is highly recommended for play as well as download. If you dont have cable internet, the game can be had for free via a magazine cover disk.

This is no Unreal Tournament 2003. No respawning. Once you join a mission you play until you're dead: if you get killed you have to wait for the start of the next mission. Time limits apply to all missions so theres no having to wait forever just because one guy camps and no one can find him to kill him.

Everything but Basic Training MUST be played online, and you must complete Basic in order to play online.

This game was made by the US Army in conjunction with Nvidia and Used the Unreal Warfare engine. The graphics are awesome and were created for video cards that support Hardware Transform & Lighting.

Minimum System requirements are a 766 Celeron or equivalent or better. 32 meg Video card with HT&L, and 128 meg of ram. Stiff requirements because its a very demanding game.

If you have it, please post. If youre interested in it, you can get download links at www.americasarmy.com

Very intense game for fans of FPS's. Play tacticly, play smart. You only live once.