View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #4
Zebodog

Default Re: Genesis v Genesis

I lean towards the Collins era but do like the occasional tune while Gabriel was out in front. Personally, I prefer Peter Gabriel's solo work to his Genesis stuff. His version of Don't Give Up with Sinead O'Connor was incredible and In Your Eyes is my all time favourite song. Period.

Along the same lines, I prefer Collins' solo efforts to his Genesis days as well. I can always find something that fits my interests from Face Value. To date, there's nothing like cranking up In the Air Tonight and playing the "air drums." I liked Hello, I Must be Going as well. He seemed to go more mainstream from there; almost like the music lost it's edge.

Let's not forgot the Calling All Stations fiasco with Ray Wilson...ugh...I remember first finding the album and buying it immediately thinking this was some long, lost masterpiece. Boy was I surprised.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote