View Single Post
Old 08-30-2001, 01:44 AM   #36
Baron Nocturna
Dungeon Master

A somewhat cheesy character IMO is a fighter with grandmastery in long bow dualed to a mage. Its cheesy because you can fling arrows FAR better than that lame Archer class AND cast Bad arse spells. Easily the best mage in the game when you consider that Edwin is useless without his spells.

I think the Monk is WAY too powerful at high levels. Give him the item that gives negative plane protection (not usable by fighters, but usable by monks) and lock him in the room with all the vampires in the graveyard and watch them all die. He also killed one of the dragons all on his oddy knocky with one quivering palm strike when I played as one. Plus his speed is nice.

Undead hunter is well suited to SoA due to the plot... He is WAY too powerful vs. undead.

My favorite character for Baldurs Gate though is a bard. Since you are pretty much constantly swapping out characters, its nice to have one who is so adaptable as your main guy. A bard can be nearly as effective as a fighter when necessary (no mastery of itemry though) and can sit in as a mage when necessary. Plus the skald's song is GREAT at higher levels. Finally there is the fact that you can identify ANYTHING just by looking at it. A very under rated class and with the versatility that the Baldur's Gate series seems to need due to the somewhat unique fact that you constantly change your party.

Baron Nocturna has spoken...

------------------
Anyone care to see my Rod of Lordly Might?