View Single Post
Old 08-26-2001, 09:32 PM   #31
Haddar - Servant of Talos
The Magister

Ahh...the Berserker cleric....one of the easiest games I played. He was the first one I took through SoA AND ToB. Sooo powerful, though the most used spell was Draw Upon Holy Might =) and I didn't even use that spell either very much when I got Crom Faeyr. Anyway. It was fun with Grandmastery in Hammers and Flails, playing with the Flail of Power (ages) and Crom with 3 slots in dual wield. =)=)=)

But a character I found more fun to play was an evil multiclassed Cleric/Mage (HADDAR!!). This was the first one I took through SoA solo, so even though he was/is multiclassed I reached high levels (XP cap removed. This was before I had ToB). He was weak in the beginning and required constant rest (this WAS solo, you know =)). But as he leveled up, he just became to powerful for most enemies. With ALOT of spells, you can make yourself virtually immune and still have many spells left to get rid of all the enemies. It was fun to play around with him. Sometimes I tortured a guy like the drow do with the Dao in Ust Natha, hehe (he WAS evil). Doom, Greater Malison, Hold Monster, Magic Missile, Lightning Bolt, Heal, Hold Monster...repeat and repeat. =)

One last thing: The staff of the Magi really made those "hard" battles really simple. I'm thinking of the last fight with Irenicus, Bodhi etc. etc.

Unfortunately I didn't get any High level Abilities since this was before ToB.