View Single Post
Old 05-24-2002, 09:02 AM   #1
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Bah, I was making my views on this country known to the Lord Attalus, and he insists on publishing them this way. His will be done. As a drow new-come to this country, I was at first glad to see that no anti-drow prejudice exists, as in Faerun, but I now am regularly humiliated by various African-Americans, who regularly come up to me and say things like, "Sup, Baby?" and "You so fine, ain't you in the flicks?" People ask my opinion on "Rap" music, which I do not understand, and when Piestrider translates it for me, it seems as if the jaluks are not properly respectful of females, calling them things like "ho," which I had thought was a laugh or greeting, or one half of the kind of soft drink that Piestrider insists on ruining his teeth with. And the music! Not a harp or clavichord to be heard!
Your politics do not seem so different than in Mezzobaranshan, though perhaps I do not understand the subtleties. From what I gather, a lesser House recently took the place of the premiere House, though they did not follow the sensible Drow custom of killing off the surviving members of the losing House. Inded, I note that the Matron Mother of the House is still on the Council and is attacking the Patron of the winning House. This would not happen in the Underdark, I assure you! Though Matron Hillary would make a very suitable Drow.
I could go on about the detestible manners and architecture, but the very worst thing is, there is no magic! Everything must be done with brute force, though perhaps this "electronics" is taking its place, and from the things that Lord Attalus and Piestrider tell me, it is rapidly becoming indistinguishable from magic.
The good things? Hmm, well I am safe, here. Lolth has no power, though there are several things on Piestrider has shown me on what you call the Internet that make me think that some wish that she did. The other day, Page Will stepped on a spider, and there was no outcry! Lady Galadria even praised him. Perhaps I will like it here after all.