View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 09:18 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

"Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California -- these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!"

Compulsive, blame everything on Bush and Blaire.
Maybe you should read the quote again, a little more slowly perhaps this time.
The quoted person (I'm assuming it's Moore, but your post is sort of rambly) is NOT AT ALL saying that Bush is to blame for the attack (again, on the assumption that this is about 9/11). He is saying that IF anyone wanted to get at Bush, killing people who may not even have voted for him is not the right way to do it. So he's blaming the terrorists for using the wrong tactics, not blaming Bush for whatever you thought he was blaming him for.

Quote:
I think people sometimes forget that these 2 people has up held your country's economy, welfare and your future interests more than many.
Wow, I had no idea. Lose the anglocentric perspective - it's not MY country, or that of many other IW members.
(note for smartasses - not saying that the UK's and USA's policies, economies and politics have no bearing at all on my country)