View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I know amidst all the GW players are some WOW players, so this is a topic for us. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

What characters do you play on WOW? Some people have one character and play them all the time, others, like me, have a number of characters at once. Here is my list with some comments on what I like/dislike about them:

Ivelliis - Night Elf Hunter
This was my very first character I had (until my dad made me change to a new account so he could keep his rouge, pfft) who I then remade and played again.
I despise the Night Elf starting area, it's just so big! There is a lot of running to do, thats for sure. Hunter is a fun class to play, although a 'few' people dislike hunters I think I've helped dismiss the rumours about not letting a hunter pull in instances. I can easily kill mobs 4 and 5 levels above me (as proved fighting King B in STV and 33 with a group of 35-40 without dying). Although it's getting a bit tedious grinding for my mount (I'm 38.8 ish) I still play him, but not for long stretches of time.

Balik - Dwarven Paladin
Balik is your everyday dwarven tank. The dwarven area is SO much better than the night elf area, it's so simple. You do this, do this, run here, deliver this, then you're out of the boring bit. Easy peasy. I like paladins as they can tank (to a degree) and heal (again, to a degree). The pain of not being able to pull out mobs is getting to me now that I'm finding 2 and 3 mobs at once, but I manage, and if things get nasty I can do a quick holy light and be near full health again. Pretty fun, but that might be as he is still low so far.

Fimble - Gnome Mage and Rimble - Gnome Warlock
The cliche of identical twins with rhyming names, how fun it is on a roleplaying server
My story of why they are never seen together is Fimble has a pet rabbit (Mr. Snuggles) who he adores, and talks to as if he is his only and best ever friend. Rimble hates rabbits and refuses to associate with him when the rabbit is there. Fimble won't get rid of it, so they are never seen together.
Mages are pretty cool, although when mobs spawn right in front of you and you just used your frost nova so it has 20 seconds left until its useable again it gets a real struggle.
Warlock talent trees are getting a revamp, and I can see why. Nothing really appeals to me, but warlocks are fun none the less. The problem is that you get so many talents, say nine, but three are curses, and only one curse can be afflicted at any time, so you find one you like and never use the other two. Pointless buying them, but they get a free mount, so who cares [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Urgg - Undead Rouge
Seeing all the PVP videos with undead rouges showing up every other class meant I had to get one, freshly reborn this morning. The undead area is so different - I've never played horde until now and it's quite fun. The horde have less "1337 dudes" than Alliance, so that's better than normal. Not many rouge skills yet (SS, Evis, Gouge and Backstab) so my fighting is still pretty basic.

All the above characters are fun none the less, and excellent for a rainy day (which we are getting FAR to many, it's supposed to be summer fgs!).