View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 12:28 AM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Molgar
Tauren Shaman:

Starting Region- Mulgore: Definately a very convenient area to level up in. While it is a vast open plain, I still think it is relatively smaller compared to other regions, and quite secluded from heavy PvP action, making it a great starting area. Beasts are plentifull for skinning, also making it a plus. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

PvE Views: As a hybrid, Shamans easily excel in PvE. With a plethora of spells ranging from healing (Healing waves, Cure poison/disease) to damage (Lightning bolts, instant nukes) and buffs (totems, rockbiter & windfury weapon). This is a great class to play, especially if you specc out the enhancement tree. Enhancement essentially makes you a great PvE person. Examples: 5% crit chance increase, on a crit 30% attack speed increase for 3 hits, parry, 10% armor value increase and more.

Basically, shaman make great soloers in PvE, and can aid in instances rather well as a supporting tank or healer.

PvP: I haven't done real PvP aside from BG, but I've learned enough. Shaman definately have strengths. They are
Earthbind Totem: AoE 50% movement reduction.
Grounding Totem: Absorbs 1 spell.
Tremor Totem: Every 2 seconds, fear/sleep effects removed
Purge: Removes 2 buffs from opponents (gets rid of Priest shields, mage shields, etc).
Chain Lightning: Lightning bolt that hops from one enemy to another. Great spell.
Earth Shock: Instant nuke, interuppts spell and prevents spells of that type from being cast for 2 sec.
Frost Shock: Insant nuke, slows enemy movement by 50%
Ghost Wolf: Travel form, 40% move increase. With talents, it can be made into a 1 sec cast, very helpful.
Lesser Healing Wave: In general, it is much more cost effective than healing wave, but in PvP the fast cast time makes it a gem.
Fire Nova Totem: AoE nuke that runs on a timer. If it isn't destroyed in time... nice damage.
Lightning Shield: Does damage to attackers. Especially nice when you are fighting it out 1 on 1 pvp.

People will say the Shaman is overpowered and needs to be nerfed. But the thing is, they aren't overpowered. Every other class is severely imbalanced comparably, but the Shaman is the most balanced class out there. Look at all the patch changes since the official release if you don't believe me. They are all minor changes (mainly icon changes rofl) while other classes are totally revamped with each patch.

And one final comment.

BLOODLUST IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote