View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #56
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe-a conversation zone- January 2, 2011

Ok, just beat System Shock 2 for the first time ever. The ending was somewhat more of a let down for me than most other people. For some reason the indeo codec's don't work correctly on Vista, so no cutscenes and consequently no end clip either. But then I watched the end sequence on youtube. And I have to say, I was almost convinced that it was a fan made spoof. I'm rather disappointed, but slightly amused at the same time. On the whole it was a great experience though.

Recently, I've been eyeing the original System Shock. Has there ever been a version released that doesn't need to run on DoS, or will I need to track down DoSbox(or similar)?

And at the same time I've been lamenting the likelyhood that a System Shock 3 will never occurr. (who knows, though, it could be for the best)

Also, if anyone has any ideas on how to get the indeo codecs to work properly on Vista, or some other kind of workaround, it would be very helpful.
The issue is keeping mission briefings for Thief:TDP, and System Shock cutscenes from playing. Thief 2: MA, seems to play them perfectly, so I have no idea what the issue may be.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 08-07-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote