View Single Post
Old 03-07-2002, 11:35 AM   #12
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Good Post, \CONAN/

I don't have any "out-of-body" experiences to report, but I do have a testimony to God's loving grace and mercy.

I have a chronic illness which - by itself - is not fatal, but it can lead to fatal complications. It is called Crohn's Disease and it attacks the digestive tract - usually in the intestines.

Four years ago, the Crohn's killed my colon/large intestine and the entire thing ruptured - spilling massive contamination into my abdomen. Through a series of events, it took more than 30 hours before I was taken into an O.R. for corrective surgery. I had rampant Peritonitis throughout my system by that time.

When the surgeon came out of the O.R., he asked my wife if she believed in miracles. She told him she did and he said "That's good, because a miracle is the ONLY thing that will save him now."

I later learned that about 2/3 of the Christains in my home county had established "prayer chains" for me. (A prayer chain occurs when a large group of Christians pray simultaneously for a common objective).
I knew that I was Healed as soon as I awoke from surgery. I didn't learn about the surgeons concerns or the prayer chains until several days later. Since Attalus is a surgeon, he can probably verify how slim my chances for survival were.

This just strengthened my faith and commitment to God. He spared me for reasons of His own. Among other things, I have one beautiful, blonde-haired boy that wouldn't have been born if I had died and another one on the way. My oldest boy was only 18mos old at the time and would only have known me through pictures.

I thank God every day for the extra time and blessings He has given me.