View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 09:56 AM   #103
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
OMG!!!! This thread has grown exponentially in less than one day???

I can't even begin to jump in. Busy now. Mayhap later I'll dig up one of my previous treatises on being an atheist and why it is the only logical and ethical thing to be.

But, the first post bothers me: it makes the assumption an atheist would choose based on selfishness - ridiculous.

Me, I like knowing I am food for worms. It means I'll make sure and do things right my one time around. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Read my "famous" post on page 3 The really long one. That'll save you reading through the first 3 pages as from it you can get what others said and how I am responding.
Where have I said anything about selfishness? I didn't mean to imply anything like that.

ANYWAY MY BOTTOM LINE IS

Based on all the arguments in my "famous" long post near the bottom of page 3 as well as feelings and some others I haven't mentioned, I cannot see why people don't believe in a god. Maybe I'm just thick-headed?

Therefore ASSUMING none of page 3 stuff convinces you, (we've been over that stuff before in other threads that's why I didn't start with that) I posed the question on page 1: ok so what about the nothing to lose thing? That is why I am so confused about people. There's all the for-arguments (IMO much more for than against arguments exist, even this thread contains more for arguments) plus the better odds if you're just a gambler and DESPITE all that people cannot believe.

Confusing for me like you know the situations where something seems so obvious to you yet others don't see it at all and you can't see why they can't see it as it seems perfectly logical? Hehe...

[ 01-22-2003, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray