View Single Post
Old 12-24-2002, 09:33 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I recently finished Icewind Dale without the how expansion... now im planning to start it with Heart of winter but WITHOUT ToTL. Before I do so I have some questions... if you know please answer all or some of it...

1)
What kind of expansion is How? In baldurs gate 1 the expansion was a coouple of new areas which you can visit anytime during your travels and which you can freely anytime leave back to your normal game and revisit as often as you want. While the ending remained basically same. In Baldurs Gate 2 the expansion was new areas which you could visit only after completing the original and after which you could no longer access the original areas. What about How? I thought it would be like baldurs gate 1... simply new areas to be access through that house in Kuldahar.. with the ending remaining same... but i heard How offers a new ending. also in manual it is written that if you start "Expansion only" you cant go back to original areas...
So how is it? When should i start the expansion areas? after the original ending or during my original adventures? Please explain...

2)
For my ranger i chose trolls for racial enemies in original IWD... now i want a different one... I thought giants, salamanders or umber hulks... but i want monsters which appear frequently in HoW... and not undead... what do you suggest

3)
Do any of the original areas and their quests change after installing HoW? other than new wares in the merchants in kuldahar as the manual says..

4)
What kind of containers are there in How? is there a bag of holding? can these containers be found in original maps..

5)
does heart of fury mode increase the xp which one gets for completing quests or does it affect only the xp for killing monsters?

Thank you all very much.