View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 02:30 AM   #5
Aerich
Lord Ao

Man, every time I think I've found them all, more turn up. It's hard to remember to do them all.

Here's a few more ways to get XP, from the Quest XP list link posted by Luther. Some of them I can personally verify, as I've done them in past games but forgot/didn't have the skills in my most recent one.

There's quest XP obtainable by speaking to Shawford and Ulbrec, but it's pretty hard to miss any of it. Just make sure you talk to Shawford every time you finish a quest, up to and including the Horde Fortress, as he is the paymaster.

Docks - Brogan (man in front of northern warehouse). Three ways to get XP... tell him that the Iron Collar mercenaries aren't coming to help (requires talking to them first about the goblin invasion), convince him that you can do it (diplomacy?) and clear the goblins from the warehouse.

Docks - in relation to number 3 above, make sure you tell Hedron his mother is all right, for XP and cash.

In relation to number 5 above, apparently you can also get XP by telling Elytharra (Ulbrec's wife) who the traitor is in town, and who his boss was. I presume this requires speaking to Elytharra before offing Phaen and identifying the teleport scroll.

In relation to number 6, the Weeping Widow, apparently there is a secret cache in the Inn and a party gets XP for finding it. It may be "exposed" by dialogue, but I've never found this. You can apparently also obtain XP by "breaking the will" of the ghost. I've never done this, either. Might it require an evil character with intimidate? I wonder if these two XP rewards might even out the imbalance between the "good" and the "evil" ways to get rid of the ghost.

To expand the list into the Shaengarne Bridge portions, there is apparently a way to get Emma Moonblade (druid) to summon the Druid of Shaengarne (??). Is this a separate mini-quest, or is Emma the druid and do you get XP just for getting that far? I'm well past that area now, so I have no way to check.

Apparently, you also get XP for telling Dereth (druid at Shaengarne Ford) that you have destroyed the dam. I can't remember doing this. Surprising. I'd think, based on dialogues, that there'd be a better chance of getting XP out of Kaitlin (village spokeswoman who gives you quest to rescue villagers) for that information.