View Single Post
Old 07-04-2002, 10:12 PM   #72
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Wow I can't believe how many posts this thread got in just one day!!!

Yorick, thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

One thing, I only posted this "article" because it is a holiday here in the U.S. and when I read it I liked it. Sometimes I get down and think my life sucks, but when I read that I thought "I guess things aren't really that bad, I really should be grateful that I live such a priveliged life." No, I'm not rich, but I'm not poor nor is my freedom to do what I want with my life suppressed, who am I to whine?

I understand that other people from other countries have difficulty in understanding American Patriotism. I am trying to understand their point of view, which is difficult cause I don't live where they do, same as they do not understand what it is like to live and grow up in America. All I know, is when I posted this thread, it is just to say I feel priveliged to live where I do, and I support what America stands for (freedom). I like America. But that does NOT mean I think other countries are inferior. Sheesh, I'd love to be able to travel and visit Europe and Australia, Canada and New Zealand, China and Japan, Africa, the Phillipines (I'd normally add Israel here but given the present circumstances..). If I were a rich person I'd travel the entire frikken world, and I bet, I KNOW, there would be many places I would love just as much as America. I have no qualms about living in another country, I would love to one day. This world has many places and cultures that I bet I would jump right into and accept and love just as much as I love America.

So in summary, saying I love America is just that, nothing more. Does not mean I do not love other countries.

Also, if anyone ever posted "I love Britain, it's Britain Day! We are the Best!" or "I love China, we are the Best!", etc, twould not offend me in the least I swear. I see nothing wrong with loving where you live, heck its a good thing LOL right? Where we all live is like family, and there are many who says "My Dad is the Best Dad in the World". Would you get mad at someone who said that? Of course not, you'd be glad he loved his dad and looked up to him so much. You wouldn't think "the pompous bastaid thinks his dad is better than mine or others!"

Does any of what I'm saying make any sense LOL? Trying to express myself on this topic, and it's a tough one, but I'd just like to see unruffled feathers if possible. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps