View Single Post
Old 05-01-2001, 03:33 PM   #46
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ohhhhh....this is what I most feared.

Dear LadyRae, if you are still reading this, once again I sympathize with you for your hurt feelings. I do understand how you feel, and there seems to have been much misunderstanding here. I can only hope that after a time you will rejoin us, as I consider you to be a worthy person and a good acquaintance.

This is exactly what I was speaking about in my earlier post on this thread. If we continue to divide ourselves by gender, age, race, etc...such misunderstandings will continue to be perpetuated. Like Moridin, I'm probably beating a dead horse by saying so, but if it saves anyone any more hurt feelings, it needs to be said. I'd also hate to think that forum members would be scared off of posting future material in worry that they may "offend" someone. I'm all for thoughtfulness and sensitivity towards others, but "political correctness", IMO, has gone way too far in our society.

Anyway, I don't think that the men posting in the "Testasterone" thread meant to be inflammatory or hateful. Probably rather thoughtless and tasteless, but not deliberately so. At least, that's what I got from reading through it. I can only hope that the hurt feelings will subside in time, and that LadyRae may decide to rejoin us.

Respectfully,