View Single Post
Old 07-19-2002, 11:20 PM   #6
Gaiseric the Vandal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

forget what i said about learning to make items.....i figured it out....would you like the items exported individually or dumped in a chest in a module?......Fair warning about my items.....they can be a lot of fun, and powerful (like 15+ lvl), but they all have their drawbacks (take the "Braggarts Belch" leather armor with description as follows......needs to be slightly modified from BG2 to NWN)

Braggart's Belch Armor +3

This insidiously clever studded leather armor is a must have for any lone wolf assassin. Developed by the assassin/alchemist Achard of Arqa, this armor allowed this bold rogue to complete his assassination contracts in a most unusual way. Apparently Achard, while pilfering a mages home, found a creative little recipe involving red dragon urine, a nitrate compound, and glycerine. When combined VERY carefully, these ingredients would create a very clear and very explosive liquid. Achard then would fill the hollow studs and bumps of his armor, enchanted to make him resistant to fire, with this liquid. The myriad of vials, studs, and pouches that line the outer layers of his armor would then turn Achard into a literal walking bomb. He would then confront or challenge his unfortunate target to a fight or duel, bragging that he would allow his opponent to land the first blow. The victim's first blow was often his last, as at least one vial would break or spring free and land at the attacker's feet, resulting in a rather large explosion. Achard dispatched several of his victims in this manner, and earned an unprecedented notoriety. Tales abound of how Achard could clear a tavern in seconds by merely belching loudly, or indulging in a spirited dance. Achard's bravado led to his untimely demise, however. During a night of particularly rowdy carousing in a tavern in the slums of Athkatla, he boasted that he was so resistant to fire, that he could consume several of the vials the gave him his notoriety, and follow it with a large steel ball-bearing, and suffer no harm, thinking the armor's enchantments would protect him. A brief round of prodigious wagering followed, with Achard himself covering all bets. He then consumed several of the capsules, without effect, followed by the steel marble. One of the few survivors of this unique display of self-delusion described what followed as the most awful display of gastric distress in history. Needless to say, Achard did not survive. His armor did survive, however, and has been handled very carefully ever since.

STATISTICS:
Equipped Abilities:
Any strike upon the wearer releases a fireball blast centered on the wearer (warning to those in the near vicinity......back the wearer up in melees at your own risk)
100% fire resistance while worn

Armor Class: 3
Enchanted AC bonus: +3
Weight: 6
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable By:
Mage