View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Who'd have thought? Diablo 3 is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
It's obvious this is made from the same creative team as the one who did World of Warcraft. You can even pretty much see characters wearing items from WoW, and some monsters like the big undead are pretty much right from it.

That said the graphics are pretty nice, and the gameplay look amazing. I can't wait for the game. And from the look of those videos, they can't be too far from release.

This time I won't go online at retail one hour after the shops open. Hopefully they'll have a more stable launch, but the Diablo 2 one was horrible.
Yes, I feel bad bursting people's bubble but prepare for alot of rehashed stuff as it looks like a top-down version of WoW in some screens (the undead are WoW's mindless zombie avatars). I mean, it will be fun to play prolly but I don't expect miracles and I do indeed expect Blizzard to use their tried and true material from WoW in there latest SP game. I just hope it's not just hack n slash. Since it's D3 and not Diablo online, there needs to be alot more RP and depth in this game than we see in WoW for it to succeed or at least be what we want it to be.