View Single Post
Old 04-29-2001, 11:35 PM   #34
Moni

Melusine, You are welcome.

LadyRae, Let me add to that I feel bad for you that your feelings were hurt. I have never had to live in a world where the competition between men and women in the workplace was an issue, although I do remember years in a warehouse where sexual harassment was a big issue and I felt like I had to walk on eggshells when talking to certain men on breaks because they were looking for any target to turn the tables on the harassment they subjected others to and were in trouble for. It was a rotten feeling to know that people you were once friends with would look to sacrifice you to get their selves out of trouble!

RudeDawg, Man, You DO Rock! I am so glad you raised yourself up after all you suffered at the hands of others to become the wonderful guy you are today! I know what you went through in a way but not nearly to the extent to which you were tortured. I had severe whiplash after an auto accident, I mean so bad, my spine was "S" shaped. I could not stand up straight for months nor could I walk very fast because I had also cracked a bone in my leg just below my knee. I had to walk a two mile round trip to buy groceries through the city and when I took too long getting through the crosswalk, (bent over and limping at the age of 24) people would honk, yell, give me the finger, call me a freak, a crip, and a gimp, among other things. People suck and I am sorry you ever had to suffer the way you did. Some girl at my son's middle school used to get thrills by kicking his crutches out from under him when he had a cast on one leg up to his hip. The last time she did it, he swung his crutch at her and knocked her out cold but got suspended for hurting her. She was never once punished for the harassment she dished out so easily. Says something about the way the people in authority view abuse too. It is sad, just sad.

Love, Hugs & Peace, My Friend, I am happy to know you!

Moni