View Single Post
Old 11-06-2001, 10:45 AM   #19
crimsonson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm..

Using personality as a factor I think is moot since its subjective. Like the NPCs in the game- if we judge them by personality most likely we will send someone to their death intentionally to shut them up.

That said- I have yet to find a character that is useless. Remember back in the Pen and Paper days many characters where created for the 'fun' factor. For their idiosyncratic qualities instead their ability to quickly dismember a troll.

If we see it that way its hard to argue what character is really useless. So far I am using a Paladin, Korgan, Viconia, Har Dealis (sic?), Edwin and Jan.

I finished the game with Minsc, Anomen and Valygar last time.

I am enjoying Viconia's high level turn Undead skill.
Har Dealis Improved invisibility, Melodic Chain and Offensive spin, double wield swords combination is deadly.

And I have found other NPC with their own particular quirks and strengths. Espcially HarDealis- I had him in my first game and he got rocked, until I noticed that the Melodic chain substantially increased his AC and allowed him to cast his mage spells. The offensive spin with improved invisibility is a ridiculous combo.

I think the debate will go on forever. Probably that is how the game designers wanted it to be. Each NPC has a flaw.