View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 10:49 PM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I Have was always understood that Marrage was made for one reason. That reason was for the purpose of child raising and for the protection of the child or childern that legaly bound a man and woman together so that both would be responsable for the well being and life of said childern.
Later it had alot to do with Tax breaks and insurance. At least in The United States anyway.
Then when the Gay men and women in the U.S.A. started comming out into the eye of the world and they, as they call it, came out of the closet. They were more in the open and thought they should have the same rights that straight non gays had. As couples They decided they too should be able to share medical insurance benifets. But the way the system in the U.S.A. was set up only married couples (a Man & a Woman)
were intitled to these benifets. That is when the Idea of Gay marrage came in. The fact that if two men were living together and one became sick the other wouldn't be aloud to even get into the hospital room to visit them because, they were not imediate family members. I don't think this is right and the Gay comunity didn't either, so for a number of years now there has been a Paper war going on in the U.S.A. to give any Gay couple the right to care for and have a same sex relation and it wasn't getting anywhere. Then in the past two years there have been a number of same sex weddings and still the insurance companys did not provide any benifits. Finally the gay comunitys have gone to the courts and to gay churches to get legaly married and the insurance companies and Hospital don't reconise the marrages so the social war goes on.

Me I'm not gay and I don't believe that gay marrage is the answer. Because that still leaves out the non-gay couples that spend their lives together as room mates and have no sexual ties to one another. I think that the government should come up the legal life partner LAW. With this new set of laws then to men or two women or even a man and a woman don't have to be married, they just become legal partners that would include brothers and sisters that just never marry and stay together for financial reasons. They then receive the right to claim each other on taxes,share insurance, and all medical and financial needs the same as married couples less childern. Also have the right as a legal partners to care for and receive all the rights of family when one of them was in the hospital or under medical care. but this isn't going to come about over night.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against gays and I hope they get the proper benifits they should expect as american citizens. But I still don't believe that gay marrage is the answer and I won't put up a stink if it does become legal. But any if guy ever ask me to marry him he is in deep Do Do. My wife will kill him LOL. [img]smile.gif[/img]