View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #29
SecretMaster
Apophis

Default Re: Teaching enviromentalism "indoctrination"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK View Post
No one almost lost their job over claiming "Global Warming is being caused by man", the reality is the people who were in jeopardy of losing their jobs were those who disented and pointed out that the science was junk.
Its still going on today and remember. NASA gets it's funding from someplace, where??? the Government and who holds the purse strings? Congress (not the President) and who's been bought out by the religion of Algore? Congress and anyone else who wants government funding.

Believe what you want. As you get older and the planet continues to not follow this scam or that scam, one thing you can be certain of, tax payer money will be siphoned off to whoever has the proper amount of alarmism and horror and who can kick money back to the right people.

I work in DC, I go to school where real live scientists in the nation spend their evenings making extra bucks teaching kids. I therefore believe I have a fair view of the issues. Your mileage may differ and Im not all that interested in trying to change anyone's mind. I post my thoughts and now have said all I intend to say. If you want to discuss it on a private level, thats fine you know how to reach me. But im not going to start that thing up here in public. (oops also forgot to mention that I used to get stationed at some of the Nations most remote weather facilities too while in service to the Nation)
My main gripe with your post is your instant labelling of it being a junk science done by people who are not "real" scientists. I do agree with you that there a large number of "pseudo-scientists". These are the ones that the mainstream media talk to and converse with. The media has done a terrible job of accurately covering this issue, as they do with nearly every damn thing.

There are real scientists doing real, genuine and novel research in these fields. The problem is scientists usually stick within their scientific community. These people couldn't give a damn about what the money maker research is. And again, they may be right or wrong in their assertions as to what is going on. I would be equally wrong if in the end, current analysis was proven to be wrong. Why? Because that is what science is. Creating a hypothesis, testing it, and proving or disproving it. Even if current theories turn out to be misproven, that just means we will have a better grasp of what is going on. That is what science is, the futhering of knowledge. So I take offense to when you instantly dismiss these individuals as people who are not "real" scientists, because they are doing fantastic and important work.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote