View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #23
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Cool Dude Re: Teaching enviromentalism "indoctrination"?

I have no problems with promoting green and healthy lifestyles (food)are very important and I try to do both. My problem is the capitalist pigs (not all capitalist are bad just the ones) who try to charge us extra for making green and healthy choices. Anything with whole wheat cost an arm and a leg more than its less healthy counterpart? white rice vs. brown what cost more? Anything with an energy efficient label usually cost more. Although I noticed that appliances are starting to come closer in line, and in some places if an appliance doesn't have an energy efficiency label they don't even sell them. In those places you find a sharp drop. So why are we as a society not demanding for green and healthy and why are the corporations not promoting these lifestyles and making them the easy choice for everyone as most are just going to chose the cheeper option and some have no choice if they are on a limited budget? This just seems backwards to me as the cost of production is no different or minimal at best and logical if you factor in future dollars saved by society including health care dollars.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote