View Single Post
Old 10-19-2001, 02:20 AM   #24
tehmpus
The Magister

I'd like to dispell a few rumours about Heirdalis. He rocks. Someone mentioned earlier that his lore skill is cut in half. True, but I could probably count on one hand the amount of items that Heirdalis couldn't identify instantly even with his weakened lore skill. Whenever I find a magic item, I immediately give it to Heirdalis to identify. Also, he's decent with magic. It's nice to have a fighter type who can also blast with spells occaisionally. Plus the offensive and defensive spins really come in handy at times. In addition, I dont have a true thief in my group... so Heirdalis does all the pickpocketing. Early in the game, I couldn't manage to steal from the shoppies, but recently in the Inkie city, Heirdalis robbed em blind. He also comes with some pretty good magical weapons for early in the game. Frankly, after reading all your posts, I'm tempted to restart the game with a paladin... but sheesh that would be backtracking a heck of alot (I'm working on the Matron Mother quest currently).
Instead, I think I'll just continue with my current group and finish out the game. Holy Avengers will just have to wait for another day.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe