View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 02:14 AM   #145
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hmmm.

Could someone perhaps enlighten me as to why someone would feel badly if they couldn't afford to, or simply didn't want to pay anything?

What's the big deal?

I know some of you guys would see paying result in a two tiered system, but would it really become that? Why? Because an AVATAR looks different?

How would it make things different? Do we not like and admire people here because of the quality of their WORDS, not because they spam away to get a pretty picture?

Why would this change?

I personally wouldn't care who was a paying member and who wasn't. Doesn't mean a nonpayer is tight, or poor. It may simply mean they are too busy, or aren't motivated to pay, or don't agree with the concept of paying, or can't be bothered, or don't feel that much emotional attachment.

I wouldn't care if we have paying members or not. I wouldn't care if we have banners or not. I don't care what Avatar I have, nor how many banners there are next to it.

I care about YOU GUYS. That's why I'm here, to talk, share, read and communicate with many of you whom I genuinely like. All the rest is peripheral.

[ 05-09-2002, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com