View Single Post
Old 09-12-2001, 12:39 PM   #35
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Ok lots of good insights in this thread. I think i might want to be a wiccan. I have read and looked up much information on it and the more i read about it the more i like the religion. What is the best way to get started into the wiccan religon?

Well, one thing you might try is to find out if there is a coven in operation near you. If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) I'm under the impression that Salem, Oregon has a pretty lively Wiccan society. If so, it surely has spread out from there so you may be in luck. They may not be very easy to find because, as stated previously, you have to be careful who you ask - most might not tell you right out until they feel they can trust you. You could try a "new age" bookstore near you to see if they are involved or know anyone who is or just look on the net locally. See if anyone is bold enough in your area to have a website. Pretty good rule of thumb, if they advertise Wiccan books, etc. they may be one. Not always, but usually. Once you get in touch with someone in your area, it will be easier to learn more about it.

But as I also AM a Christian, please don't keep God out of it. I am not (obviously) one of the "strict", "rigid" Christians. I simply believe God created it all and that, yes, He sent His son to die for our sins so that at some time we can be with Him again. He left others to "tend the fields" for Him as he watches over us all. Those "tenders" are the spirits that help us in our "day-to-day" life. I don't agree with the Crusaders who decided if you didn't renounce the "old ways" you were evil and should die. What's evil or sinful about living in harmony with nature and the universe? What's evil in asking these entities for assistance and guidance? Some people...

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)