View Single Post
Old 07-16-2001, 03:44 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Many players utilize Clerics as walking Red Cross Stations. They are much more than that -- MUCH MORE. In the AD&D system which BG1, etc. is designed from the Cleric is purposefully designed to be the second best class in combat, second to the warrior class which includes fighters, paladins, rangers, et. al. They can use melee weapons, missle weapons such as slings with bullets, utilize armor and shields, have decent hit points, use spells and if you employ them right many of their defensive ones can be used offensively, and they can use some wands and many potions. I always quick slotted a Wand of Heavens on my cleric. It is one of the nicest wands in the game that can put some major damage on enemies. I have used both Yeslick and Branwen in my party. Ever see what you can do when 2 Wands of Heaven go off at the same time? It ain't pretty! If you get a chance go to the IWD board and look up my inquiry on Clerics in that game. It will give you a greater appreciation for this class. By the way, if you haven't yet, insatll Tales of the Sword Coast. It raises the xp. cap and it gives an extra weapon slot for the Cleric. By the way, go ahead and play with NPCs. You'll like it!
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote